- Social Awareness
Culture and Values
Our mission at West Music is encouraging people of all ages and abilities to:
Play now. Play for life.
Core values define our company culture and provide the foundation for creating and sustaining relationships with our associates, customers, and business partners.
Build Meaningful Relationships
West Music understands the importance of cultivating and sustaining our culture. We have an associate driven culture club that promotes a positive work environment.
The culture club hosts a variety of activities for West Music associates. Several examples include our annual celebration, tailgate potlucks, swag give-a-ways, and holiday themed activites.
West Music's benefits package is just one of the many reasons to choose a career at West Music. Some of the perks include:
- Medical Insurance - West Music offers multiple health insurance plans, including HSAs, to better provide for our associates and their families. All West Music health insurance policies are Blue Cross/Blue Shield Wellmark and are competitively priced.
- Dental Insurance - Keep those smiles healthy with our dental plan!
- Vision Insurance - Vision plans are offered for associates and their family members to ensure healthy eyes!
- Life Insurance - Enjoy life insurance at no cost to you. $10,000 is gifted to the beneficiary of your choice!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - FSA's are available to set aside pre-tax dollars to help associates pay for medical expenses and/or dependent care.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - West Music provides an Employee Assistance Program benefit to help employees and their families during difficult times or stress. This benefit provides local counseling services and access to clinical, legal, and financial consultants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Paid time off
- Paid Vacation - While companies are not obligated to give paid time off, West Music sees the value in offering associates time to be away from work without it hurting their paycheck. You will be eligible to participate in our PTO plan shortly after your hire date.
- Sick Time - Life happens and because West Music understands that, sick time is offered to associates.
- Holiday Pay - West Music gives paid time off to full time associates during the 6 major recognized holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off - West Music understands and promotes the importance of volunteering and will offer annual paid time off for associates to do so!
- Retirement Plan - Our 401K plans help you save up for retirement while also adding money to your savings account! West Music will match $.50 for every dollar you contribute up to 6% of your annual income.
Here at West Music we have a team dedicated to staying green! The team comes up with different campaigns and initiatives to continue to make West Music an ecofriendly workplace!
In 2015 West Music implemented over 200 solar panels in an effort to reduce our carbon footprint. Annually the panels produce 97,00 kilowatts of electricity. Over 25 years, the panels are estimated to offset 4.7 million pounds of CO2, which can be compared to planting 40 acres of trees of taking 25 cars off the road.
In 2012 West Music took the initiative of implementing Prius vehicles to decrease our carbon footprint and play a part in continuing to make the world a better place to live in for generations to come! Today West Music has 7 Prius vehicles for associates to use.
West Music is very passionate about volunteerism and is truly dedicated to the communities that continue to support us. West Music associates give back in many ways, one being that we routinely provide meals for the Ronald McDonald House charity.
The Give Back Iowa Challenge is a campaign West Music participates in annually that encourages employees to volunteer and log their hours as part of a six-week challenge across the state of Iowa. In 2015, West Music was the mid-size company winner with 659 volunteer hours reported and was awarded runner up in 2016!
Volunteer time off is offered to associates and they use it to give back to our communities in really meaningful ways, like helping with Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, participating in Girls on the Run, and donating their time and effort to local animal shelters, just to name a few!