West Music and YOU - Creating Lifelong Music Makers TOGETHER
Many things contribute to the success of a child in a music program - a committed and enthusiastic child, supportive parents, a knowledgeable and motivated teacher, and a school district that is committed to the needed resources, equipment and time to provide a quality musical experience.
Creating effective partnerships is essential in today's challenging environment. Collaborating with West Music helps you create a successful and reputable music education program. Our customers are passionate about what they do, and so are we. We appreciate every opportunity to meet face to face and share our experiences to further that passion.
Being a preferred partner with West Music ensures the right mix of quality products, proven service, discounts, and time saving benefits for your schools. We keep teachers teaching by taking care of the other stuff - a cooperative effort to establish and maintain a successful music education program. West Music is your complete music source, fully equipped and available to service your schools' entire musical needs from kindergarten through high school. Our relationship with the customer lasts a lifetime - that's what makes us different.
Ask yourself three basic questions:
- How much time have I lost due to interruptions dealing with multiple vendors?
- How much confusion has there been dealing with repair service for students' instruments supplied by more than one store?
- How many times have I saved a few dollars by ordering online from someone other than West Music, only to have freight costs offset the perceived discount?
To find out more about the convenience and savings available to members of our Preferred Vendor program, contact your West Music school representative or call the West Music Road Sales office at (319) 351-2000 ext 1313.
You're CONNECTED... through our Regionally Recognized Divisions
- Six full-line retail stores located throughout eastern Iowa and western Illinois fully equipped for all your orchestra, band, piano, percussion, guitar, print and accessory needs. Plus, the West Music Piano Gallery in Des Moines is able to serve your piano and keyboard needs.
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff who perform and teach the products they support.
- Band rental and orchestra lease programs are available in-store.
- "Try before you buy" approval program.
- Lesson programs for all instruments and voice.
- Large inventory of specialty instruments, accessories and print music.
- 17 highly skilled members of our repair team - the largest and most experienced in Iowa and Illinois - offering the best service in the Midwest.
- Host to in-store clinics, workshops and events in every area of interest to develop and enhance our customers' talent and music appreciation.
- Performance Plan to grow the success of the student.
- West Music employs knowledgeable educational consultants with over 200 years combined experience to assist your directors and teachers with all their music program needs.
- FREE weekly school delivery service.
- On-line lease and rental programs for parents on our website at westmusic.com/bandorch.
Music Therapy Services
- West Music Music Therapy Services believes in the therapeutic value and benefits of music for all people.
- Board certified music therapists provide services to more than 900 clients weekly.
- Services include one-to-one individual therapy, small group therapy (3–6 people), large group therapy (6–12 people), recreational music classes, and adaptive music lessons.
Other Service Areas of Expertise
- Piano tuning, repair, and moving services.
- Sound Solutions - PA systems, recording supplies, and installation capabilities to service your classroom, gymnasium, auditorium or stadium needs.
- Early Childhood Music programs to help develop musicians from an early age.
Find out more by contacting your West Music educational representative, or by calling the West Music road sales office.
(319) 351-2000 ext. 1313
- Active members of MAC, RPMDA, NASMD, IBA, and Music Education Associations in both Iowa and Illinois.
- West Music has always been actively involved with the National Association of Music Merchants or NAMM. NAMM is the international not-for-profit trade association that unifies, leads and strengthens the $17 billion global musical instruments and products industry.
- West Music Chairman, Steve West, was Chairman of NAMM from 2001–2003 and a board member for 13 years.
- Current West Music President, Robin Walenta, is currently serving on the executive board for NAMM. She also serves on the NAMM Ad-Hoc Technology Committee which develops technological support tools for music education.
- Sponsor of local festivals, live music concerts, music organizations, school band programs, contests and more. Actively supporting and creating more music makers.
- Advocacy links to educate your students and encourage parental involvement.
YOU'RE CONNECTED ... through our Nationally Recognized Divisions
West Music's leadership role in advancing quality educational products has led to the development of nationally recognized divisions. Two full e-commerce web sites: westmusic.com and percussionsource.com and a presence on Amazon.com provide access to a world-wide audience. No other local music supplier develops products to your specific school needs.
Accent, a West Music Exclusive
- Accent has sourced some of the finest materials and craftsmanship from North America, Europe and Asia. The instruments selected are handcrafted using "old world" manufacturing techniques.
- All 59 different instrument models have been developed with students and band directors to make sure they meet your specific program needs.
- Our manufacturers use modern technology to ensure a musical instrument that is consistent and durable.
- For the serious player - from beginner to pro - we're your full service resource for the finest concert and marching percussion instruments and accessories.
- Everyone at Percussion Source is an active percussionist, so you'll get expert advice from the player's perspective.
- Percussion Source is the supplier and sponsor to the Illinois and Iowa State Music Educator Conferences.
- Educators get exclusive access to used and demo models before the general public, potentially saving your program thousands in equipment purchases.
Miyazawa Flutes, Ltd.
- West Music is the North and South American distributor of Miyazawa and Trevor James flutes and Hammig piccolos.
- Established in 1969 by Masashi Miyazawa, the Miyazawa flute has been crafted and refined and stands as a gold standard of professional flutes.
- In 2010 West Music became the distributor of Trevor James, a perfect entry point for students and intermediate flutists.
- Our highly skilled flute technicians at Flute Authority℠ offer professional flute repair to all brands of flutes.
Music Education Department
Generating national and global exposure through our catalog and ecommerce website (westmusic.com), West Music's Music Education Department specializes in Orff instruments, classroom percussion, keyboards, guitars, books, CD's, software and other essential tools for a child's musical development. Passionate about supporting music education programs nationwide, West Music annually partners with customers and educators at national teacher training workshops and national conventions reaching thousands of customers and educators across the United States.