Saxophone Repair Services at West Music
Playing Condition for Student Model Instruments (Plus Pads)*
- Instrument is checked for loose screws, rods, as well as loose or worn pads.
- Worn or missing key corks, felts, or silencers are replaced.
- Body is checked for proper alignment.
- Secure posts and check for proper alignment.
- Corrosion is removed from hinge tubes, hinge rods, and pivot screws.
- Hinge tubes and rods are checked for proper alignment.
- Pad leaks are found using a leak light and removed by floating the pads.
- The key mechanism is regulated to playing condition and the venting height is adjusted. Any lost motion is removed.
- Oil and grease rods and screws.
- The mouthpiece is cleaned and checked for damage.
- The neckpipe and case are cleaned.
- The instrument receives a final play test.
30 Day Warranty
Mechanical Overhaul for Student Model Instruments*
All of the above as well as:
- The instrument is disassembled and swedge keys to eliminate all lateral play.
- Tone holes are leveled.
- The instrument parts are cleaned in detergent.
- All new pads, key corks, felts, and neckcork is installed. Pad leaks are found by using a leak light and removed by floating or leveling the pads.
- Secure posts, and replace necessary springs.
- Clean and buff mouthpiece.
- Regulate to top playing condition and any lost motion is removed.
- The instrument receives a final play test and wipe down.
Mechanical Overhaul for Professional Model Instruments*
All of the above as well as:
- Fill posts to remove excess rod play.
- All new pads, key corks, tenon corks.
- Springs are replaced as needed.
- The keys are refit to closer tolerances.
- The pads are leveled to closer tolerances.
- More attention is paid to cosmetic work.
Each Technician on an Individual Basis will quote Professional Custom Shop Repairs.
|Neckcork (with P/C)||$14.00 + $1.00 parts||Replace water key cork (bari)||$2.00|
|Neckcork (without P/C)||$25.00 + $1.00 parts||Replace water key spring (bari)||$3.00|
|Pads||$10.00 each + $5.00 parts||Replace springs||$3.00 each|
|Re-round neck tenon||$25.00||Straighten all key guards||$25.00|
|Solder keys (soft) (w/spot lacquer add $10.00)||$15.00||Tone hole repair||$10.00 each|
|Solder keys (silver)||$15.00||Solder and adjust octave key||$25.00 minimum charge|
|Tone hole repair|
|Re-round tone hole||$10.00 each|
|Reface (level) tone hole (included in overhaul)||$10.00 each|
By Quote Only
|Align bent body, bell, or keys||Engraving||Regulate|
|Case repair||Free binding keys||Remove stuck swab|
|Clean sticky pads and toneholes||Key buffing||Replace corks|
|Cut out stuck hinge rods||Key fitting||Replace/repair tenons|
|Damaged or worn tone holes||Redress tone holes||Straighten bent hinge rods|
|Dent Removal||Refinishing||Straighten bent keys|
* These prices are average estimates only. Exact estimates will be provided upon inspection of the instrument. Estimates available at no charge.